Need some mummering inspiration?
Check out our awesome video below.
There's no way you WON'T want to
submit a video when you see this!
Video Submissions accepted until
Make a 30 second video of yourselves marching from RIGHT TO LEFT across your device's screen and around your home, your yard, your street, your community in your best mummer gear and making a grand racket
(following Covid-10 safety protocols, of course).
Click on the link below to go directly to our WeTransfer account. It's free and easy!
EVERYONE can participate, no matter where you live!
Share this with family and friends right across the country and around the globe!
So we can create a full length Virtual Mummers Parade!
It can't happen without you!
We'll stream our Virtual Mummers Parade on
Saturday December 12
2:00 pm NL time
Virtual Mummers Parade
Saturday, December 12
on Facebook Live
Haul on Mudder's sized 42 bra and get your pillow-stuffed arse ready to contribute to the first ever Virtual Mummers Parade!
All mummers 'llowed in!
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Help us create a virtual mummers parade!
Covid-19 can't stop determined mummers!
The 2020 Mummers Parade has to go virtual this year, but we want EVERYONE to participate in making it happen.
We want your video clips!
We want to see you, your family and friends doing their best Mummer Parade antics!
Here's what to do:
Gather with your own bubble in the most outlandish mummer outfits you can dream up.
March around your house, your block, your neighbourhood park, wherever you want that's safe to do so!
Get loud, get foolish, and get mummering!
Record a 30-second maximum video clip (.mp4 format is preferable)
When you've got your video clip created, send it to us via WeTransfer at our big old orange link below!
Make sure you include your home town in the message; we want to include it on our video.
Need some help? The pop up images below will take you through the steps to submit your video file!
Please read Mummers Festival
Need some more inspiration and tips? Check out our photo gallery and ideas below!
THE ART OF DISGUISE
Mummering is the art of disguise. Maybe that's why mummers are also called Guisers (as in...disguisers). So when dressing as a mummer you must hide your identity. Here are a few tips:
1. CHANGE YOUR BODY SHAPE. Stuff a pillow in your pants, make a humpback, wear a travel pillow under your shirt around your neck
2. COVER YOUR FACE! Don't let people see your eyes or your teeth! That's a giveaway! Lace curtains and pillowcases with eye- and mouth-holes are classic covers. Halloween masks work well too.
3. CHANGE YOUR HEIGHT. If you're short, wear a high hat. If you're tall, crouch down when you walk
4. WEAR CLOTHING YOU WOULDN'T NORMALLY WEAR. Crossdressing is a classic look for mummers. Guys, throw on a dress or a bra outside your clothing. Gals, throw on a huntsman jacket. Let's smash those old stereotypes!
5. CHANGE THE WAY YOU WALK AND TALK. The classic mummer speak is to inhale while talking. And the way you walk and dance should change.