Need some mummering inspiration?
Check out our awesome video below.
There's no way you WON'T want to
submit a video when you see this!
Virtual Mummers Parade
Saturday, December 12
on Facebook Live
Haul on Mudder's sized 42 bra and get your pillow-stuffed arse ready to contribute to the first ever Virtual Mummers Parade!
All mummers 'llowed in!
Thanks to everyone for their wonderful and creative and hilarious contributions for our
Virtual Mummers Parade!
Covid-19 definitely did NOT stop determined mummers! You guys are so awesome. Thank you from everyone on the Mummers Festival team.
View our 2020 Virtual Mummers Parade right here:
Need some more inspiration and tips? Check out our photo gallery and ideas below!
THE ART OF DISGUISE
Mummering is the art of disguise. Maybe that's why mummers are also called Guisers (as in...disguisers). So when dressing as a mummer you must hide your identity. Here are a few tips:
1. CHANGE YOUR BODY SHAPE. Stuff a pillow in your pants, make a humpback, wear a travel pillow under your shirt around your neck
2. COVER YOUR FACE! Don't let people see your eyes or your teeth! That's a giveaway! Lace curtains and pillowcases with eye- and mouth-holes are classic covers. Halloween masks work well too.
3. CHANGE YOUR HEIGHT. If you're short, wear a high hat. If you're tall, crouch down when you walk
4. WEAR CLOTHING YOU WOULDN'T NORMALLY WEAR. Crossdressing is a classic look for mummers. Guys, throw on a dress or a bra outside your clothing. Gals, throw on a huntsman jacket. Let's smash those old stereotypes!
5. CHANGE THE WAY YOU WALK AND TALK. The classic mummer speak is to inhale while talking. And the way you walk and dance should change.